Pàgines

dimarts, 23 d’octubre del 2018

Swirl - A Pattern Of Sorts -

Sometimes you need something, a very specific something that exists in your mind and nowhere else.
When this happens, one of the possible solutions is to take it out of your head and into the world.
And this is what I've done, kind of...

I needed a pattern for fingerless gloves in fingering yarn (because that was what I had to knit them with) that were manly enough so that the recipient would wear them.
I looked and searched and asked at the Ravelry forums where lots of nice people tried to help me out but nothing seemed to be adequate.
So in the end I decided to create my own pattern for the occasion.
I found a stitch pattern that resembles a DNA molecule or a ribbon swirl with lots of twisted stitches. I love twisted stitches.
I looked up how many stitches I had used in my last fingerless gloves knitted with fingering yarn and got started.
No, I didn't make a swatch.
Why?
Because I like to live dangerously, that's why.

I wasn't going to publish the pattern, but people seemed to be interested and I wanted to play with Kauricat Knits font so, I've written a pattern, or a recipe, or something.

The pattern is up at Ravelry and it's free.
Here's the Link
It's written in English. 
Aaaaand probably there are mistakes and incomprehensible sentences, because English isn't my first language, well, I've done my best.


Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

Printfriendly